Science Panorama is a series of books for Classes 1 to 8, which includes 3 books each for Physics, Chemistry and Biology for middle school. The primary school series follow a universal approach adopting the VAKT (visual, auditory, kinesthetic and tactile) method, which caters to all types of learners. The middle school series is based on the syllabus prescribed by the Inter-State Board for Anglo-Indian Education. It emphasizes on developing scientific skills such as observation, investigation, analysis, research and other inferential skills. This series focuses on development of concepts as well as their application in real life.
• Warm up (Books 1-5) helps to refresh the concept learnt earlier
• Do You Know? To provide interesting facts related to the topic being taught
• Science in Context (Books 6-8) Additional information on the topic being taught
• Challenge Yourself (Books 6-8) Questions testing students’ ability to reason and extrapolate
• Find Out Research-oriented activities requiring learners to look beyond the textbook
• Talk Time Topics for classroom discussion
• Know the Scientist (Books 6-8) Famous scientists and their contribution to the topic at hand
• Project Activities Individual/collaborative activities
• Revision Zone In-text questions for assessing progress in the course of learning
• Value-based/Life Skill Activities (Books 1-5) Inculcating values through application and relating science to everyday life
• Problem Solving (Books 3-5) Questions aimed at identifying and applying the concepts learned in real-life situations
About the Authors (Books 1-5)
Meenakshi Atal, Vice Principal, The Heritage School, Kolkata, is an eminent educationist and teacher trainer. She has spent over three decades in the field of education as teacher, administrator and an author. She believes in a collaborative multi-dimensional approach to learning in an inclusive learning environment.
Debahuti Das is an educationist with a teaching career extending over twenty-two years, and has been a pioneer in evolving innovative methods of teaching. She is a workshop facilitator and always helps children to think out of the box.
ABOUT THE SERIES EDITORS (Books 6-8)
Meenakshi Atal, Vice Principal of The Heritage School, Kolkata.
Manjuli Mukherjee, a Biology teacher at St. James’ School, Kolkata, has nearly three decades of experience at the ICSE level.
Lipika Dutta, a senior Chemistry teacher at St. Agnes’ Loreto Day School, Lucknow has over two decades of experience at the ICSE level.
Versha Jayaswal, a Physics teacher at St. Agnes’ Loreto Day School, Lucknow has several years of teaching experience at the ICSE and ISC levels.
Showing all 5 results