Switch On, a series of eight books for Classes 1 to 8, is an effort to familiarize and equip students with the latest trends in computer technology. This is a well-graded course that conforms to the requirements of NCF (2005) and complies with the syllabus requirements of various boards.
The course is based on Windows 7 and MS Office 2010 with updates on
Windows 8 and MS Office 2013. The course is a perfect blend of theoretical and practical topics, and is interspersed with illustrations, keyboard shortcuts and facts. The language used for explanation is simple and the content is supported by step-by-step explanations and well-labelled screenshots.
• Word Web explains the difficult words.
• You Should Know gives interesting facts about the topic.
• Quick Way highlights all the important keyboard shortcuts for the menu commands
• Exercise at the end of each chapter reinforces the understanding of the topic
• Latest versions Windows Movie Maker 2012, HTML 5, Adobe Dreamweaver CC, Adobe Photoshop CC and Flash 8
• Innovative worksheets, assessment papers and revision papers are given as additional evaluation aids
• Writing space in the Exercise section makes this course book as an effective workbook too
• Research Project integrates Computer Science with other subjects.
• IT Personalities contains important information about the famous personalities from the field of IT.
• Key Terms and Tech Terms enlist the important terms that the students should be aware of
• Latest IT Trends describes the emerging technological advancements that the students should know.
• Original National Cyber Olympiad paper for practice so that
students can gain proficiency in competitive exams.
• Interesting stickers and posters provided inside the course books make learning fun.
Mohini Arora is HoD, Computer Science with Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, Subroto Park, Delhi. She has extensive experience in teaching and is also associated with the CBSE for preparing course material for Computer Science.
Showing all 5 results