Expeditions is an integrated course in Environmental Studies and Social Studies for the primary and middle school. In sync with the requirements of the curricula, Books 1 & 2 oer a course in Environmental Studies and Books 3 to 8 in Social Studies. Following an interactive approach, the series caters to the young learners through inferential and experiential tasks, and stimulating content. The need for sustainable development holds the key to the future of humankind and young learners need to be sensitized to it through a gradual study to build environmental and social awareness.
• I Know assesses the prior knowledge of the learners.
• Read and Reflect has pre-reading tasks that allow the learners to infer and relate to the topic.
• Fact Zone provides interesting titbits of information.
• Find Out tasks encourage referencing skills.
• Do It Yourself contains application-based activities for experiential learning.
• Eco Zone sensitizes learners towards conservation of environment.
• Explore/Investigate/Consider are analytical tasks set to test a student’s comprehension skills and foster their interest in further exploration of the key idea(s).
• World Connect highlights stories and events from around the world related to the chapter.
• Sources to Study the History of This Period provide reference points for inquiring minds.
• Words Zone, Remember and Review Zone at the end of the units facilitate understanding, recall and reinforcement, and assessment.
• Think Zone focuses on Higher Order Thinking Skills.
• Life Skills Zone equips learners with the basic skills they need to excel in life.
• Value Zone helps to build the right attitudes and values in learners.
• Activity Zone has varied creative tasks and projects for experiential learning.
• My Zone promotes self-assessment and provides interesting Pen It Down activities
About The Series Editors (Books 1 to 5)
Padmini Sriraman is the Principal of The Hindu Senior Secondary School, Adyar, Chennai. Recipient of the National Award for teaching in 2012 and many others,she has over thirty years of experience in teaching learners and training teachers.
About Author ( Books 6 to 8)
Urmi Chakraborty has over twenty-four years of teaching experience. Formerly a teacher at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi, she is currently teaching geography in a renowned public school.
Sayee Lakshmi has over thirty-ve years of teaching experience in government and public schools, both as a primary and middle school teacher. She has been teaching at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi for the past sixteen years and is actively associated with their INTACH programmes.
Swati Shukla has almost twenty years of teaching experience. A Google certified teacher, currently, she is teaching at Sanskriti School, New Delhi.
Showing all 3 results