Excursions is a comprehensive course in Social Studies for the young learners. This series for classes 1 to 8 has been designed as per the latest curriculum prescribed by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. Following the curriculum, Excursions offers a course in Environmental Studies for classes 1 and 2, integrated Social Studies course for classes 3, 4 and 5 and separate Geography and History and Civics courses for classes 6, 7 and 8. In line with the new syllabus, the series follows a thematic and structured approach. The course material provides activities for cross-curricular linkages to connect learning across subject areas.
• Reflect has warm-up tasks to initiate the learners into the topic and
relate to it
• FactPedia provides interesting titbits of information
• Figure Out tasks encourage referencing and research skills
• DIY provides application-based activities for experiential learning
• Green Earth sensitizes learners towards conservation of the
• World Connect highlights stories and events from around the world
related to the chapter
• Think Box (HOTS) promotes out-of-the-box thinking for curious
• Picture Study provides exercises for inferential learning
• Life Skills and Values provide real-life situations to skill learners to
excel in life
• Across the Boundary pages provide varied activities for cross
• Snap Recap provides mind maps for quick learning
• Case Studies provide in-depth investigations of a single person,
group, event or community
• Timeline helps the students gain an understanding of time and
About The Authors
Augustine Kaitharath has been associated as a distinguished History teacher for more than three decades with the Don Bosco School in Siliguri. While teaching, he makes history come alive for his students. He is an active participant in many workshops and seminars.
Anuradha Bhattacharyya began her teaching career in Kolkata. With more than twenty-one years of experience in teaching, she enjoys employing innovative methods that make learning fun and meaningful.
Currently, she is the Coordinator of the Primary School at The Heritage
Mrinalini Jaitly has been a History and Civics teacher for more than a decade. She has taught at St. Joseph’s Boys High School in Bengaluru and CMS institutions in Lucknow. She has one abiding passion-her
students and their success. Currently, she is specializing in innovative
and application-based teaching methodology.
Showing all 6 results