Engaging English Updated Edition
Engaging English is a language learning course, which aims to impart communicative competence through an understanding and appreciation of literature. The course comprises coursebooks and workbooks, designed carefully to build confidence in using English accurately and effortlessly. It has been revised as per the New ICSE Syllabus.
The Coursebooks contain carefully selected, thematically-oriented reading texts, including classics of English literature as well as well-known pieces from contemporary international and Indian writing. These pieces are contextually engaged for introducing learners to different aspects of language learning and helping them learn, practise and gain confidence in using English in the real world.
• Comprehension checks factual understanding through the Quick recap section, and hones inferential, analytical, interpretative and evaluative skills through the Ponder section
• Literary terms, Did you Know? and Wordwise provide additional information on the theme, literary devices, figures of speech and etymology
• Way with Words helps enrich vocabulary while fostering awareness about the nuances of language
• Grammar in use imparts formal understanding of language structures through easy-to-understand explanations and exercises
• Study Skills teaches dictionary usage, phonics and spelling
• Listening and Speaking develops oral and aural communicative competence, enabling learners to respond appropriately in various situations
• Pen it down includes guided and free writing tasks which train learners to express themselves creatively, logically and coherently
• Be Creative!, Research and Write revisit the themes covered in each unit through interesting writing and vocabulary tasks
• Read More suggests additional reading texts that enrich the student’s literary experience
About the Authors
•Preeti Roychoudhury has been teaching English for nearly two decades in Loreto House, Kolkata. She is a published poet whose works have appeared in an anthology of modern poetry.
•Sadeqa Rahman Siddiqui has been teaching English for a decade at La Martiniere for Boys, Kolkata.
•Ruby Bose has been teaching English for more than a decade at The Heritage School, Kolkata. She has conducted reading workshops in various parts of the country.
•Somali Mitra teaches English in Modern High School, Kolkata. She has more than ten years’ experience as a teacher.
•Anju Gupta is an ELT author and editor. She has been involved in developing curriculum and content for school and higher education for several years.
Showing all 6 results
Engaging English Coursebook 6 (Updated Edition)Read more
Engaging English Coursebook 7 (Updated Edition)Read more
Engaging English Coursebook 8 (Updated Edition)Read more
Engaging English Workbook 6 (Updated Edition)Read more
Engaging English Workbook 7 (Updated Edition)Read more
Engaging English Workbook 8 (Updated Edition)Read more